The Extron IPL T S2 is a compact control processor with a high performance Web server, designed to integrate IP Internet Protocol connectivity into AV systems. The IPL T S2 gives users the ability to remotely and proactively monitor and troubleshoot projectors, flat panel displays, switchers, and other RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 serially controlled devices.
The IP Link Series uses Extron’s exclusive IP Link technology, a high performance intelligent network integration solution specifically engineered to meet the needs of professional AV environments, from large universities and businesses to small home installations. Multiple Ethernet-enabled AV products can be managed and supported by a technician or administrator at any time from any computer with a Web browser.
Two Serial Ports
The IPL T S2 features two 9-pin D-sub serial ports that can control two RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial devices directly. When configured for pass-through mode, the IPL T S2 can pass through commands from an existing control system and control a single device. The IPL T S2 also includes two captive screw serial ports that are connected in parallel with the 9-pin serial ports.
High Performance Web Server
Proactive Service and Security
Proactive service, support, and preventive maintenance are also possible with IP Link and GlobalViewer. With e-mail notification, technical support administrators can receive failure and service messages through an e-mail enabled cell phone, PDA, pager, or Internet e-mail account. For secure installations that do not allow Internet access, online monitoring can still be performed proactively. Within an existing secure infrastructure, e-mail notification of failures and repairs is possible without compromising the security of the AV systems and facility.
- Ethernet monitoring and control
- Supports TouchLink touchpanels
- Two bidirectional serial ports — The IPL T S2 features two 9-pin D-sub serial ports that can communicate with two serially controlled devices. When configured for pass-through mode, the serial ports can be used to pass through commands and control a single device.
- Supports RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485
- Integrated high performance Web server — Each IP Link control processor features a built-in Web server with memory available for storing device drivers, GlobalViewer, and custom user Web pages.
- 7.25 MB of available flash memory
- Supports Ethernet-controllable devices — Allows for control of up to six Ethernet-enabled AV devices such as displays, switchers, and sources
- Supports industry standard communications protocols — All IP Link models use industry standard communication protocols, including ARP, ICMP, IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, and Telnet.
- Simultaneous multi-user support — Each IP Link device supports multiple concurrent users, improving system throughput.
- E-mail notification enables proactive support — Technical support administrators and others can receive failure and service messages through an e-mail enabled cell phone, PDA, pager, or Internet e-mail account.
- Multiple levels of access with password protection — User access level authorizes limited entry to only pre-designated functions, while administrator access level permits full access to advanced settings.
- Free GlobalViewer® Web-based AV resource management software —
- Configurable – Global Configurator, a Windows® based configuration utility, makes product setup simple and intuitive – no programming knowledge is required.
- Extensive library of device drivers – Extron has produced thousands of fully tested and uniformly modeled RS-232 and IR device drivers. These drivers are completely finished modules, not just fragments of code; each one is a fully functioning driver file designed to be uploaded to an IP Link device with no programming skills required.
- Internal real-time clock – Programmable operating alerts, sequencing, and automatic monitoring together with the real-time clock and calendar allow IP Link control processors to routinely check configured devices.
- Plenum rated – meets UL 2043 for heat and smoke release, excluding power supply
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70-1175-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty