The Extron IPCP 505 is an IP Link® control processor designed to support larger configurable control systems. The IPCP 505 integrates Ethernet connectivity into AV systems, giving users the ability to remotely control, monitor, and troubleshoot AV equipment, including display devices and switchers. With a high performance embedded Web server, multiple bidirectional serial ports, relays, flex I/O ports, and an Ethernet port, as well as four independently switched 12 VDC outputs, this control processor is ideal for applications that require control for multiple devices within a large-scale AV system. Bidirectional ports provide simultaneous two-way control and monitoring of serially controlled devices such as displays, switchers, and other AV equipment.
The Extron IPCP 505 is configured using the free, easy-to-use Global Configurator software. Using Free GlobalViewer® Web-based AV resource management and remote control application, users can manage, monitor, and control both Extron equipment and third-party equipment such as projectors, displays, computer monitors, VCRs, and DVD players. Additionally, the IPCP 505 can interface with other devices that are network enabled. The IPCP 505 can communicate with multiple TouchLink® touchpanels over a standard Ethernet network allowing utilization of existing network infrastructure.
The IPCP 505 integrates seamlessly with Extron’s award-winning GlobalViewer Enterprise software and Free GlobalViewer Web application for complete AV resource monitoring, management, and control over a computer network.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Manage, monitor, and control AV devices using a standard Ethernet network.
- Supports TouchLink® touchpanels
- Eight bidirectional RS-232 serial ports for universal control of display devices, switchers, and other AV equipment — Provides simultaneous two-way control and monitoring of eight serial devices.
- Eight one-way IR/Serial ports — Supports unidirectional RS-232
- Eight relays for controlling room functions
- Four Flex I/O ports for interfacing with other systems in the room
- Four independently switched 12 VDC outputs — Can be controlled remotely.
- Supports Ethernet-controllable devices — Allows for control of up to eight Ethernet-enabled AV devices such as displays, switchers, and sources.
- Easy to configure using Global Configurator — Global Configurator software makes product setup simple and intuitive – no programming knowledge is required.
- Extensive library of Extron Certified device drivers — Device drivers allow Extron products to control various display and source devices, such as projectors, flat-panel displays, and DVD players. Extron has produced thousands of fully tested and uniformly modeled Ethernet, RS-232 and IR device drivers.
- Integrated IR learner — Captures IR remote codes from a device’s handheld remote control.
- Integrated high performance Web server — Each IP Link control processor features a built-in Web server with memory available for storing device drivers, GlobalViewer, and custom user Web pages.
- Supports industry standard communications protocols — All IP Link models use industry standard communication protocols, including ARP, ICMP, IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, and Telnet.
- E-mail notification enables proactive support — Technical support administrators and others can receive failure and service messages through an e-mail enabled cell phone, PDA, pager, or Internet e-mail account.
- Multiple levels of access with password protection — User access level authorizes limited entry to only pre-designated functions, while administrator access level permits full access to advanced settings.
- Free GlobalViewer®, Web-based AV resource management application — When used with GlobalViewer, IP Link control processors provide a powerful, flexible way to manage, monitor, and control both Extron and third-party equipment like projectors, plasmas, monitors, VCRs, DVD players, and other devices using a standard TCP/IP network.
- LED status indicators monitor activity of the device
- Internal real-time clock — Programmable operating alerts, sequencing, and automatic monitoring, together with the real-time clock and calendar, allow IP Link control processors to routinely check configured devices.
- Reset button
- 1U, half rack width enclosure
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty