The 4‑Series Control Processor for Crestron Home™ OS (CP4‑R) provides a secure, high‑performance, rack‑mountable control processor with the embedded Crestron Home operating system. It is designed exclusively to function as the core of a Crestron Home system, and features enhanced processing power to handle larger home automation, home theater, multiroom video, and MDU (multidwelling unit) applications. The CP4‑R comes equipped with a 4‑Series multicore CPU processor that delivers remarkable speed and performance while handling the demands of an advanced automated system.
Through a full complement of onboard control ports, the CP4‑R allows Crestron Home to integrate with a wide variety of audio, video, lighting, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, sensors, and other equipment. Integration with a security system is supported using the optional COM Port Expander (PYNG‑CONNECT‑COM, sold separately).
Crestron Home unlocks the full potential of a smart home. It provides dealers with the ability to deliver a simple and clean user interface that includes sophisticated page designs; fluid dynamic room controls and icons; and new features including support for multiple homes, favorites, custom access, room image customizations, and more. The CP4‑R can be upgraded from Crestron Pyng® OS 2 to Crestron Home OS via a firmware upgrade.
- Advanced 4‑Series control processor designed exclusively for Crestron Home™ OS 3
- 4‑Series multicore CPU processor delivers remarkable speed and performance
- Enhanced performance to handle larger home automation, home theater, multiroom video, and MDU applications
- Communicates with the Crestron Home App for system configuration and control
- Integrates control and monitoring of audio, video, lighting, shades, thermostats, door locks, sensors, and other devices
- Includes built‑in IR, COM, I/O, relay, Cresnet® network, and high‑speed gigabit Ethernet control ports
- Supports infiNET EX® network wireless devices via an optional external wireless gateway
- Native BACnet™ network/IP support
- Enterprise‑class network security
- Single‑space 19 in. rack mountable
- External 100–240 V power pack included