The HD-RX-4KZ-101 is a DM Lite® 4K60 4:4:4 receiver designed to interoperate with a DM Lite® transmitter or DMPS Lite™ switcher for the transmission of an HDMI® signal. A CAT5e or higher twisted pair cable is used to connect the HD-RX-4KZ-101 to the DM Lite transmitter or DMPS Lite switcher. For 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals, a cable length of up to 230 ft (70 m) is supported. For UHD and 4K signals, a cable length of up to 130 ft (40 m) is supported.1
Interoperability with a DM Lite Transmitter or DMPS Lite Switcher
The DM Lite input port of the HD-RX-4KZ-101 must be connected to a DM Lite output port of a DM Lite transmitter or DMPS Lite switcher. Examples of supported DM Lite 4K60 4:4:4 transmitters are the HD-TX-4KZ‑101, HD-TX-4KZ‑111, HD-TXA-4KZ‑101, HD-TXC-4KZ‑101, and HD-TXCA-4KZ‑101. Supported DM Lite 4K60 4:2:0 transmitters are the HD-TX-101‑C‑E, HD-TXC-101‑C‑E, HD-TX-301‑C‑E, HD-TX-101‑C‑1G‑E, HD-TXC-101‑C‑1G‑E, and HD-TX-201‑C‑2G‑E. Supported DMPS Lite switchers are the HD‑PS622, HD‑PS621, HD‑PS402, and HD‑PS401.
The HD-RX-4KZ-101 can be configured and controlled only when it is used with a DMPS Lite switcher. The web interface of the switcher can be used to configure the HD-RX-4KZ-101. In addition, control system programming and .AV Framework™ software support of the HD-RX-4KZ-101 is hosted by the switcher.
4K60 4:4:4 and HDR Support
The HD-RX-4KZ-101 supports video resolutions up to 4K60 with 4:4:4 color sampling. HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision® video formats are also supported.2
Compact, Surface-Mountable Design
Compact in design, the HD-RX-4KZ-101 can be mounted onto a flat surface such a wall behind a flat-panel display or a ceiling above a projector. It can also be attached to a single rack rail in the back of an equipment cabinet. The HD-RX-4KZ-101 can receive power from the included power pack or from the remote DM Lite transmitter or DMPS Lite switcher.3
- Interoperability with a DM Lite® transmitter or DMPS Lite™ switcher
- Point-to-point extension of an HDMI® signal over a CAT5e or higher cable
- DM Lite transmission distance up to 130 ft (40 m) for UHD and 4K signals or up to 230 ft (70 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals
- 4K60 4:4:4 capability
- HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision® video formats
- Compliance with HDCP 2.3
- CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) pass-through capability
- EDID pass-through capability
- Compact, surface-mountable design
- Power from 24VDC power pack (included) or from remote DM Lite transmitter or DMPS Lite switcher
- For DM Lite connections, use Crestron DM-CBL-8G, Crestron DM‑CBL‑ULTRA, or third-party CAT5e or higher cable. To safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise that may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p, shielded cable and connectors are recommended for all applications and are required when bundling multiple cables in a wire run. Wire and cables are sold separately.
- 4K60 4:4:4 performance and HDR support require the use of HDMI cables and couplers with a minimum TMDS bandwidth of 18 Gbps. If 4K60 4:2:0 or 4K30 4:4:4 performance is acceptable, cables and couplers with a minimum bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps may be used. Bandwidth loss is cumulative; therefore, performance may be reduced when inserting multiple cables and couplers inline.
- When a surface-mountable DM Lite receiver is paired with a surface-mountable DM Lite transmitter, either the power pack included with the receiver or the transmitter can be used to power both devices. A power pack must not be connected to both devices simultaneously.
When a surface-mountable DM Lite receiver is paired with a wall plate DM Lite transmitter, the power pack included with the receiver must be used to power both devices.
When a DM Lite receiver is paired with an HD-PS622, HD-PS621, HD-PS402, or HD-PS401 DMPS Lite switcher, the switcher provides power to the DM Lite receiver. The DM Lite receiver must not be connected to the included power pack.
- The HDMI output requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are sold separately.
- Examples of supported DM Lite 4K60 4:4:4 transmitters are the HD‑TX‑4KZ‑101, HD‑TX‑4KZ‑111, HD‑TXA‑4KZ‑101, HD‑TXC‑4KZ‑101, and HD‑TXCA‑4KZ‑101. Supported DM Lite 4K60 4:2:0 transmitters are the HD‑TX‑101‑C‑E, HD‑TXC‑101‑C‑E, HD‑TX‑301‑C‑E, HD‑TX‑101‑C‑1G‑E, HD‑TXC‑101‑C‑1G‑E, and HD‑TX‑201‑C‑2G‑E. Supported DMPS Lite switchers are the HD‑PS622, HD‑PS621, HD‑PS402, and HD‑PS401.
This product may be purchased from select authorized Crestron dealers and distributors. To find a dealer or distributor, please contact the Crestron sales representative for your area. A list of sales representatives is available online at www.crestron.com/How-To-Buy/Find-a-Representative or contact us for additional information by visiting www.crestron.com/contact/our-locations for your local contact.
This product is covered under the Crestron standard limited warranty. Refer to www.crestron.com/warranty for full details.
The specific patents that cover Crestron products are listed online at patents.crestron.com.
Certain Crestron products contain open-source software. For specific information, please visit www.crestron.com/opensource.
Crestron, the Crestron logo, .AV Framework, DM Lite, and DMPS Lite are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Vision are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories in the United States and/or other countries. DTS, DTS HD, and DTS:X are either trademarks or registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. HDMI and the HDMI logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and/or other countries. Intertek and the Intertek logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Intertek Group in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Specifications are subject to change without notice. ©2022 Crestron Electronics, Inc.