The DMPS3-4K-50 from Crestron® provides an ultra high-definition presentation switcher and control solution that’s perfect for huddle rooms, conference rooms, and classrooms. It integrates the control system, multi-format switcher, 4K video scaler, and audio DSP all into one compact device that mounts conveniently under a conference table or in an equipment rack. Built-in Crestron Connect It™ functionality affords a complete collaboration solution that’s easy and affordable to deploy in any small to medium sized meeting space. Without requiring any programming, the DMPS3-4K-50 is easily configurable for a variety of media presentation applications.
Auto-switching HDMI®, VGA, and analog audio inputs provide the essential connectivity needed to manage multiple computers and other media sources. The selected input source is routed to one HDMI output and one stereo analog audio output. Built-in 4K scaling ensures the highest possible image quality, and compatibility with the widest range of sources and displays.
4K Ultra HD
The DMPS3-4K-50 handles 4K and Ultra HD video signals, which is essential to ensure support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
Crestron Connect It™
Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that provides tabletop BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Simply add up to four Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100 series ) to the DMPS3-4K-50. Its auto-switching inputs support individual HDMI, VGA, and analog audio connections at each cable caddy. Four USB ports on the DMPS3-4K-50 provide power and communications for each cable caddy.
A fully functional Crestron Connect It system is enabled right out of the box by simply connecting the cable caddies and input cables. Additional settings and AV adjustments are available through a simple web browser setup screen. In addition to the Crestron Connect It devices, the DMPS3-4K-50 can also accommodate an AirMedia® Presentation Gateway without any additional programming.
No Programming Required!
Installing the DMPS3-4K-50 is easy, fast, and affordable. Built-in .AV Framework™ technology delivers a fully-functional presentation system with simplified configuration and a choice of control options and other add-ons. For complete details on the capabilities supported by .AV Framework, please visit: www.crestron.com/avframework.
The DMPS3-4K-50 provides high-performance automatic switching between four groups of inputs, each including HDMI, VGA, and unbalanced stereo audio. The HDMI inputs are compatible with DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources, and the VGA inputs can handled RGB, composite, S-Video, and component video sources. Digital audio is supported by the HDMI inputs, plus each analog audio input may be used in combination with its corresponding VGA or HDMI video input. Input auto-detection eliminates the need to configure the inputs – simply connect your source and the DMPS3-4K-50 selects the right audio and video combination.[4,5,6]
With its high-performance 4K video scaler on board, the DMPS3-4K-50 ensures an optimal image from every video source. It allows all types of video and computer sources to be viewed reliably and look their best on any display up to 4K. It accepts any input resolution, from standard definition NTSC 480i to ultra high-definition DCI 4K, and scales it perfectly to match the native resolution of any screen up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160). Interlaced sources are converted to progressive scan using motion-adaptive deinterlacing. Intelligent frame rate conversion enables support for 24p and PAL format sources. And, 3D to 2D conversion allows 3D content to be viewed on 2D-only displays.
Flexible Audio Outputs
The switched audio signal is routed to the HDMI output as well as to a separate balanced analog audio output, with individual level adjustments provided for each output. All inputs and outputs support stereo audio, with the option to configure the analog output for mono. Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and 7.1 linear PCM audio signals can also be routed through the HDMI inputs and output.
Professional Audio DSP
The analog audio output includes professional digital signal processing, allowing the signal to be adjusted for optimum performance and sound quality. The analog output is ideally designed to be connected to an external power amplifier and used to drive a set of ceiling or wall mount speakers. In addition to volume, bass, treble, and mute controls, the DSP provides 10-band graphic equalization, fully-adjustable limiting, and up to 80 ms of delay. All settings are adjustable using the DMPS3-4K-50’s web browser user interface for easy setup. The output volume level is also adjustable using the front panel volume knob.
EDID Format Management
The DMPS3-4K-50 provides comprehensive management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between display devices and input sources, ensuring that each source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the DMPS3-4K-50 allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts”.
Integrated 3-Series Control System®
Its built-in 3-Series control system enables the DMPS3-4K-50 to provide complete, customizable control of every AV device, as well as room lighting, window shades, and projection screens, without requiring a separate control processor. Onboard control ports include one IR port and one RS-232 COM port, as well as Cresnet® and Ethernet. The DMPS3-4K-50 supports the full line of Crestron touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes for a user experience custom tailored to the specific requirements of each end-user. Support for Crestron control apps and Crestron Fusion® delivers the industry’s most powerful platform for remotely controlling and managing multiple rooms using computers and mobile devices.
CEC Embedded Device Control
For controlling third-party AV devices, the DMPS3-4K-50 provides an alternative to conventional IR, RS-232, and Ethernet by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many devices can be controlled right through their HDMI connections, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
- Ultra high-definition, multi-format presentation switcher, scaler, audio DSP, and control system
- Out of the box Crestron Connect It™ collaboration system functionality
- Supports up to four TT-100 series Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies 
- Built-in .AV Framework™ delivers a fully-functional system without any programming 
- Integrated 3-Series Control System® allows fully-programmable room control
- Includes four auto-switching HDMI®, VGA, and stereo analog audio inputs 
- Also supports Dual-Mode DisplayPort, DVI, and analog video sources [4,5]
- Input auto-detection configures each input automatically
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides adjustable input level compensation on each audio input
- Provides a single HDMI output
- Features a built-in, high-performance 4K scaler
- Upscales input signals to match the native resolution of any screen — including 4K and Ultra HD displays!
- Downscales 4K, UHD, and ultra high-resolution computer signals to fit 1080p and other lower-resolution displays
- Handles any input resolution from standard NTSC 480i or PAL 576i, to UHD and 4K
- Provides intelligent frame rate conversion, content-adaptive noise reduction, and motion-adaptive de-interlacing
- Provides 3D to 2D signal conversion, and passes 3D video (without scaling) to 3D displays 
- Provides a balanced stereo audio output with graphic EQ, limiting, and delay
- Enables analog-to-HDMI audio embedding and de-embedding 
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio 
- Includes onboard IR, RS-232, and Cresnet® control ports
- Supports Crestron® touch screens, keypads, and wireless remotes
- Supports XPanel with Smart Graphics® computer and web based control
- Supports iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control apps
- Supports universal remotes via built-in RC-5 compatible IR receiver
- Communicates natively with Crestron Fusion®
- Enables IT-friendly network integration via SNMP
- Includes front panel controls for switching and volume adjustment
- Includes customizable front panel label strips
- Allows complete AV setup and adjustment via a web browser
- Features an internal universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- Mounts under the table or in a single 19” rack space
- Item(s) sold separately.
- The AirMedia Presentation Gateway, model AM-101 (sold separately), requires one HDMI input on the DMPS3-4K-50.
- Some features and functions described in this spec sheet may not be supported using .AV Framework. For a complete list of capabilities and options supported by .AV Framework, please visit: www.crestron.com/avframework.
- HDMI connections require an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.
- The VGA inputs can accept component, composite, and S-Video signals using an appropriate adapter (not included). However, input sync detection is not provided for composite or S-Video signal types.
- When using an analog audio input in combination with an HDMI video input, the source’s video resolution must be 1920×1200 or lower. The analog audio input will not pass audio if the source’s video resolution is higher than 1920×1200.
- Automatically passes 3D video if the display device supports it (reverts to pass-through mode without scaling). Provides automatic 3D-to-2D conversion (with scaling) if the display device does not support 3D.
- Routing of a multichannel audio signal via a digital input and output requires the input to be set for “mixer bypass” mode. When that input is selected, all audio controls on the digital output are disabled. Mixer bypass mode also disables the Input Compensation control on that input.
- License required. The DMPS3-4K-50 supports a maximum of 500 BACnet objects when dedicated for BACnet use only. Actual capabilities are contingent upon the overall program size and complexity.
This product may be purchased from an authorized Crestron dealer. To find a dealer, please contact the Crestron sales representative for your area. A list of sales representatives is available online at www.crestron.com/salesreps or by calling 800-237-2041.
The specific patents that cover Crestron products are listed online at: patents.crestron.com.
Certain Crestron products contain open source software. For specific information, please visit www.crestron.com/opensource.
Crestron, the Crestron logo, 3-Series, 3-Series Control System, AirMedia,.AV Framework, Cresnet, Crestron Connect It, Crestron Control, Crestron Fusion, DigitalMedia, QuickSwitch HD, and Smart Graphics are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. BACnet and the BACnet logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Apple, iPad, and iPhone are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Blu-ray is either a trademark or registered trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Digital are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories in the United States and/or other countries. DTS and DTS-HD are either trademarks or registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. IOS is either a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Technology, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Android is either a trademark or registered trademark of Google, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. HDMI and the HDMI Logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Specifications are subject to change without notice. ©2017 Crestron Electronics, Inc.